Damson Cloud 2022 Round UpDecember 22, 2022
What a year it’s been for Damson Cloud! We’ve had a fantastic year bringing in new clients, working closely with ones we’ve had for a while and rolling out new updates and improvements to their current workflows, hosted an exclusive event at Teeling Whiskey Distillery adding 6 new team members along the way and made an entire new department headed up by Isobel Phillips focused entirely on continuous customer success.
We’d like to thank each and every one of our customers for being part of Damson Cloud, thank you for choosing us and we hope you had a great 2022 and have all the successes in 2023, with us helping you achieve success with Google Workspace along the way!
Fintan has put together a highlight video for our best bits of 2022, these include videos from our YouTube channel that have hit over 400k views and over 1.1million minutes watched over 2022 from 40 new videos.
Fintans Top 3 Damson Cloud Videos from 2022
How Google Just Killed Calendly! ? | Google's New Calendar Booking Feature
This feature has been incredibly helpful to a lot of users who are finding it harder to schedule time with customers nowadays.
Gmail Vs Outlook: Which Is Better For Business?
In this video we looked at the pros and cons of using the Gmail web interface or Outlook when you are on Google Workspace, no prizes for guessing which one we think is better!
My Drive vs Shared Drives: What's The Difference
This is a question we get asked by customers all the time who want to utilise Shared Drives and need to make sure end users understand the differences.
An Honourable mention also goes out to one of our admin videos which shows you how to add a user in the Google admin panel, simple but popular as it has already racked up nearly 4000 views!
How To Add Users To Google Admin Console
We’ve started working with some great new clients this year including Trio Media Village Hotels, Silverback Recruitment, Owens McCarthy and many more. We continued to provide exceptional service to our current clients and assisted with dozens of migrations, training, strategic advice, security audits and support.
Improvements to Workspace
Workspace has seen some major improvements over the last 12 months, too many to go through now but our top 3 are:
- The new Gmail interface - this brought everything together in Gmail, Chat, Spaces and Meet in one location making communication and collaboration easier. https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2022/11/new-gmail-user-interface-standard-experience.html
- Automated classification with Workspace data loss prevention (DLP) - auto assigning of Google Drive labels. The new Drive labels feature launched less than a year ago allowed companies to add meta data and classify files more easily. This update brings powerful automation to this feature. Imagine for example being able to label all files with a certain name or content as confidential and then have a DLP rule stop those files from being able to be shared externally or deleted by end users. Just one use case of a very powerful feature.
- Additions to smart canvas have allowed pageless docs, smart chips in Google Sheets to tag people add documents and more recently add dropdown chips in docs and now sheets. Smart canvas has turned Sheets and docs into far more powerful tools and I am excited to see where Google take this in the coming years.
Damson Cloud Business Updates and Events
We held our exclusive IT Leaders event at the Teeling Whiskey Distillery in Dublin. Attendees enjoyed whiskey tasting, drinks reception, as well as hearing from industry experts all while enjoying a 3 course meal in one of Dublin cities oldest distilleries. We were blown away by the response to the event and we look forward to running more in 2023.
Also, we expanded our team considerably in 2022 with Noelle, Ruben, Sven, Mark, Dan and Lesley all joining the team in the last 13 months. This has allowed us to improve our services to customers and add an entire new department focused solely on customer success headed up by Isobel Phillips.
Coming up for 2023 we’re looking towards:
- In Q1 2023 we will be launching our new website with increased functionality and content.
- More events that you can attend not only to find out more about Google Cloud and meet Googlers and the Damson team in-person.
- We will also be hosting customer forums where our customers can come together to discuss how their organisations use Workspace and share ideas and insights with each other.
- We have big plans to continue to grow our team adding new skills and capabilities which will help support our customers growth and allow us to add even more products and services for our customers.
- Insights into data and how products are being used is a big area for companies. We have already dramatically improved our account management. In 2023 we are making significant investments heavily in Business Value insights for customers. These reports will give our customers valuable insights into how their teams are utilising Google workspace and areas where they can both consolidate costs and improve efficiencies by leveraging more of the Google platform.
As we take stock on a successful year we look forward to 2023 and the continuing to help organisations across Ireland and the UK achieve success with Google Workspace.
From all of us at Damson Cloud, wishing you all the best over this holiday period and a happy new year!