Fintan Murphy Speaking At The IT Leaders Dinner On Google Workspace And Digital NativesDecember 1, 2022
Welcome back to the latest instalment of our Damson Cloud blog. This week, we will be reviewing some highlights from a recent event hosted by Damson Cloud, the IT Leaders Dinner, which was held at Teeling Whiskey Distillery in Dublin.
At the event, Fintan talked us through Damson Cloud and the journey it has undertaken over the last ten years with Google Cloud Products, as well as the types of businesses using Google Workspace and why these businesses choose Google’s platform over other collaborative solutions.
So, if you’re interested in learning more about the history of Damson Cloud, why our customers use Google Workspace and the value they get from the solution and services we offer, then stay tuned!
The History Of Damson Cloud
Damson Cloud was founded by brothers Fintan and Donal Murphy, both of whom became interested in technology at a young age. As Fintan explains in the introduction to Damson Cloud, in their younger years, the brothers were fond of taking things apart and putting them back together in order to understand how they worked.
Coupled with their curiosity about technology was the desire to help those around them. Inspired by both of their parents having careers in the education industry as teachers, helping people was something Fintan and Donal wanted to keep at the forefront of their business and so from the kitchen of their parents' house, Damson Cloud was born.
In the early days of Damson Cloud (then called Damson Technologies), Fintan and Donal offered their customers IT support however, after the introduction of Google Apps (which is now known as Google Workspace) in 2009, this allowed Damson Cloud to offer their clients more than just solutions to their IT issues- they could now help change the way in which these organisations were working, communicating and collaborating
Damson Cloud as we now know it has been a Google partner for over a decade. At the beginning, selling cloud products was almost in its infancy but Fintan and Donal were excited at the prospect of becoming “change agents” and bringing much-needed innovation and collaboration to the way their clients worked.
What Kind Of Organisations Use Google Workspace?
Following the introduction to Damson Cloud, Fintan then took us through the different kinds of businesses that use and benefit from Google Workspace on a daily basis.
Many of these businesses are digital natives - companies that are at the forefront of their industry through the technology they use and avail of. These organisations tend to be the industry disruptors, leveraging technology to change their industries and bring new ways of doing business, reaching customers and creating platforms for customers to access products or services in a new way. Think Uber, Airbnb, Amazon or Netflix!
An example of this is one of Damson Cloud’s customers Cazoo, a digital native business based in the United Kingdom which leverages Google Workspace to communicate and collaborate with their staff across Europe.
Cazoo has grown massively over the last four years, going from around 50 staff to over 5,000. Google Workspace has enabled this exponential growth, by making it easier to communicate and collaborate in real-time across locations.
If the information above hasn't convinced you of the benefits using Google Workspace can have on your organisation, perhaps this stat will!
96% of businesses on the ‘Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups’ list use Google Workspace in their day-to-day operations!
This percentage has been steadily growing over the past years, which shows the majority of startups see Google Workspace as a necessity to build their business and have a good chance of outplaying their competitors.
Why Do These Organisations Use Google Workspace?
After reviewing the kind of organisations that avail of the Google Workspace platform, Fintan took us through why Google Workspace in particular is popular with so many businesses. Some of these reasons include:
- With around 3 billion people using Google Workspace, new customers often find onboarding and support easier to access on Google Workspace when compared to other systems.
- With lots of organisations such as schools and universities availing of Google Workspace products such as Gmail on a daily basis, emerging talent is more comfortable in Google Workspace versus more traditional platforms. This gives organisations working in Google workspace an advantages both in attracting emerging talent and in reduced onboarding timelines as tools are familiar and usability instinctive
- A lot of us use Google on a daily basis to find answers to all kinds of questions and Google Workspace users are no different. It’s been reported that nearly 80% of Workspace users found it easier locate information since moving to Google Workspace
- Real-time collaboration and live editing of documents have become an industry standard since the rise in businesses offering remote working solutions to their employees. Google Workspace offers real-time collaboration on Docs, Sheets, and Slides with version histories available to review should you need them and central management of files thanks to Google’s Shared Drives features.
How Is Google Workspace Different From Other Collaborative Tools?
Next Fintan reviewed how Google Workspace differs from the other collaborative platforms. Some of the differences include:
- Google Workspace is a flexible tool that makes it easy to work from anywhere
- Google Workspace is a helpful tool that maximises the productivity and time efficiency of the user
- Google Workspace is an innovative tool that is user-centered, smoothing the user journey throughout the ecosystem. Making it simple and intuitive to communicate and work collaboratively
These three pillars are at the core of the Google Workspace experience which is why so many users feel confident and comfortable using Workspace and makes for a smooth transition from other platforms.
If you’re interested in hearing more from the IT Leaders Dinner presentation with Fintan, why not check out the rest of the video on our YouTube channel?
Final Thoughts On The Damson Cloud IT Leaders Dinner Event
We hope you enjoyed this week’s instalment from our IT Leaders Dinner event at the Teeling Whiskey Distillery in Dublin.
If you are interested in finding out more about Google Workspace for your business or some of the other solutions on offer here at Damson Cloud, please feel free to contact us and one of our experienced team will be happy to assist with your enquiry.
As a longstanding member of the Google Cloud Partner Program, Damson Cloud specialises in bringing people and ideas together through new ways of working. We champion the very best practices in remote working and change management, helping companies and their teams collaborate productively from anywhere in the world. To find out more about our services, check out our library of tutorial videos or our blog.